The next stage is the students do a dialogue in pairs.
Students : “Good morning, sir”
Teacher : “Good morning, students”
Students : “How are you today?”
Teacher : “I’m fine, and you?”
Students : “Fine, too.
Rio : “Hi, Ella, How is life?”
Ella : “Pretty well, thanks. What about you?”
Rio : “Not too bad. Where will you go Ella?”
Ella : “I shall go to the swimming pool. Ok, Rio I have to go now. Bye Rio..”
Rio : “Be careful, good bye Ella, See you later.”
Nita : “Good evening, Tono”
Tono : “Evening, Nita.”
Nita : “Tono, let me introduce my friend to you.
Tono, this is Siti. Siti, This is Tono.”
Siti : “How do you do? Tono. Nice to meet you.”
Tono : “How do you do? Siti. Nice to meet you, too.”
The teacher tries to encourage the students. The first feels difficult but the smoothness comes afterwards.
Those above are emphasis on oral English. Now the teacher has to intoduce to the students to know the words, the vocabularies of greetings and partings.
The teacher here, can write the vocabularies on the blackboard and the students write them down on their note book.
To drill the students in vocabularies, The teacher can use a missing letters or jumbled letters or the Wordsearch, puzzle, matching, or any other exercises that might be used for improving students’ mastery on the vocabularis related. The description of the above vocabulary exercises are as follows:
The example of the missing letters exercise:
1. Fill the the missing letters below!
1. G _ _ d Morning
2. Good _ _ _
3. _ e e you
4. H _ _ _ o
5. _ i
2. Rearrange the following sramble letters!
1. R-M-N-N-O-I-G- :
2. O-N-O-F-E-T-A-R-N :
3. G-T-H-I-N :
4. E-B-Y D-G-O-O :
5. L-L-E-H-O :
3. Find the words relating to Greeting and parting in the following wordsearch!
Circle the words!
O G N E Y B D O O G S J
O S Y B R X F X M S I C
N Y G T P O Y R V V N T
R G N I N E V E D O O G
E G H F I N E P N S K Q
T M X K U O Y E E S A D
F R T H G I N D O O G N
A K R U D R S F H G M H
D T O V C J S Z O M I Q
O O L L E H Y S C B A D
O G O O D M O R N I N G
G Q H C N F Y A K B K O
4.Do the puzzle/crossword below!
When the students feel sleepy or tired, the teacher can fill the boring condition with a song.
Back to the listening skill, the teacher can test the students’ mastery on vocabularies by dictating. The type of the dictating is that, the teacher has the students complete or fill the blank sentences or paragraph or incomplete dialogues.
Here are the examples:
Listen to your teacher carefully and fill the blanks!
1. Good ____________________
2. Good ____________________
3. Good ____________________
4. Good ____________________
5. Good ____________________
6. How _____________________
7. I am _____________________
8. Nice to ___________________
9. I have to _________________
10. See you
Listen to your teacher carefully and fill the incomplete dialogue below!
1. A : “Good morning, Ela.”
B : “. . . . . . , . . .”
2. Roni : “. . . . . . . . , Tika
Tika : “Good evening, Roni
3. Ratih : “. . . . . . . . , Santi
Tika : “Hi, Ratih
4. Rio : “Good bye, Tono.”
B : “. . . . . . , . . .”
Listen to your teacher and complete the paragraph!
Astrid goes to school at . . . . . . (1). On the way, she meets her . . . . . . . . . . .(2). She says . . . . . . . . . . . . (3). And her teacher says good morning, too. She . . . . . . . . . (4). at school at seven o’clock.
after having those exercises, the students are faced to the reading passage. They are asked to read the text after the teacher give an example. First they read the text together but later they have to read it one by one.
Next the students with the teacher try to translate the text together. The students are asked to anwer the questions provided based on the text given. Or the teacher can provide a true or false statement.
Here is the example of the reading passage:
Rozak goes to Bandar Swimming pool at 04.00 p.m.
He goes there by a bicycle
He meets her friend on the way going there
Then he says good afternoon.
And her friends say good afternoon, too.
Rudi goes home at 06.00 p.m.
1. Where does Rudi go?
2. What time does rudi go to the swimming pool?
3. With Whom does Rudi meet on the way?
4. What does he say to his friends?
5. What time does Rudi arrive home?
To enrich and test the students’ mastery on the theme learned, here are the questions that they have to complete once again:
1. I meet my teacher in the morning, so I say . . .
2. Anita goes home at 12.30 p.m. She meets her friends on the way. She then says . . . . . . . . . . . to her friend
3. Rudi goes to the field to play foot ball. He meets his friends there. He says . . . . . .
4. Father meets his friend on the dinner at restaurant. He says . . . . . . . . . .
5. I want to go to bed. My mother says . . . . . . . . . . . to me.
6. My friend leaves me. She says . . . . . . . . . . .
7. Hello Andi. I then reply him . . . . . . . . . .
8. A : Good bye shanty
B : . . . . . . . . . . . .
9. Ucle Dani goes to Semarang by his motorcycle. His wife waves him and says . . . . . . . . .
10. Shinta says hi to her friend Andi. He then reply her by saying . . . . . . . .
After completing the above task the students are given the next one. It can be a translation task about greeting and parting.
Anda baru saja membaca artikel yang berkategori TIP AND TRICK dengan judul SKENARIO PEMBELAJARAN BAHASA INGGRIS SD TEMA GREETING AND PARTING PART II. Jika kamu suka, jangan lupa like dan bagikan keteman-temanmu ya... By : BAHASA INGGRIS ANAK INDONESIA
Ditulis oleh: Mustofa Muhammad - Sabtu, 08 September 2012